Monday, June 1, 2015

3rd Place


Last year a group friends and I decided to do one last ½ marathon together before I had my surgery.  We picked a trail half that was just a few weeks before I originally planned on my surgery. (Surgery ended up getting moved back another month.)
I felt strong and pushed it throughout that race and ended up in 4th place for my age division.
Missed 3rd place by 1 second.
This weekend I went back to the same race with a couple friends.
I’ve been fighting a tough cold for the last two weeks and didn’t know how it would affect my run.
I was a little slower than last year,. but...
It was good enough for 3rd place in the 50-54 age group.
A physical, and mental victory!
Now on with training.
San Francisco Marathon in 8 weeks.

I’ll be hitting the hills hard between now and then.

No comments: