Sunday, May 18, 2014

Chase your enemies and they shall fall before you… Leviticus 26:7

I got in a good 15 mile run yesterdy. I get so much out of my long runs on the weekends.
Yesterday I met up with my regular weekend running group.  I need this group. They are there for me.  We understand each other.  Over the years we've learned when to talk, when to listen, and when to just let someone do their own thing.  I've been needing all of these the last few weeks.
When I'm out on the trail that's when I've been able to think, pray, and build my positive attitude.  What I get out of a couple hours running recharges me enough to make it through the week.  What I've been able to see on my weekend long runs is that this is a fight, a race, the race of my life.

People with prostate caner talk about "Active Surveillance", the idea of not immediately treating the cancer but actively watching the numbers to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.  Many people do Active Surveillance for years before they have to make a decision on how they are going to treat the cancer.  I've been told by some that I'm a good candidate for Active Surveillance.  If I can wait 5 more years before my cancer starts to spread there will be new and better treatments.
Thursday I went to a prostate cancer support group and the topic was Active Surveillance.  It was good to hear other men talk about their treatment, good or bad, to hear from some who are actively watching.

It comes down to this: I have to make the decision, and I have to live with it.
As I gain more information I am able to start putting the pieces of my own puzzle together.

Back to the run and what I got this week:  It's become clear to me; this fight I'm in. I can watch my enemy from a distance, and wait until he come at me and I'll be ready. I'll have gained knowledge about  him and learned his weaknesses while I studied him from a distance.

Sorry!
That's not for me!
I'm not going to sit and wait. I'm going after the sonofabitch!
I'm learning about my enemy while I run towards him.  I'm looking at this cancer right in the eyes running headlong into him.  I'm in training now, training my body, training my mind, and training my spirit.
I'm going to give this sonofabitch the fight of its life, and a short life at that.

For my body; I'm making it strong; running, riding, working out and eating well.
For my mind; I'm taking control of my thoughts. I'm not listening to the lies in my head.
For my spirit; I'm praying and taking prayer. I'm standing on Leviticus 26:7
CHASE YOUR ENEMIES AND THEY SHALL FALL BEFORE YOU...

No comments: