Saturday, May 31, 2014

A new goal!

With the possibility of having surgery in 2 weeks I decided to enter a half marathon.  I figured it would be my last race for a while.  I've pretty much postponed all future running or triathlon goals until I consider myself out of recovery mode.
Most of the Mountain Lion Running Club was there.
Norm, Kat, Kelly, Dave, and Michelle.  We all had really good runs.
Kat was 2nd in her age group.
I missed 3rd place by 1 second. (So Cancer; what do you think about that?)

At the race a woman handed Kelly a flyer for an upcoming race in September.
ZERO End Prostate Cancer 5K.  They are held around the country.
On September 20 in they are having one in San Francisco.
September is prostate cancer awareness month, and…
September 20 is one day before the Lake Tahoe Ironman that I had to cancel.

This is my first post surgery goal.
It's only 3.1 miles, not quite the 140.6 mile Ironman but…
I will run,
or walk,
this 5K.

I'd like to get a team of at least 10 runners and walkers and raise $1,000.
Make it your goal to join team Cut It Out!
Even if you aren't a runner, you have lots of time to train to get to 3.1 miles.
You don't have to run the entire event, you don't even have to run any of it, just walk it.
I know that it may be hard to find the time to drive to San Francisco, park your car (good luck with that one), run or walk a 5K, and drive home, so…
If you can't make it September 20 I'd like you to get out and run or walk a 5K (3.1 miles) wherever you are that day.

Will you make it your goal to run or walk at least 3.1 miles on September 20?

If you are able to support the ZERO End Prostate Cancer organization that would be great too.  I checked them out and they actually put a higher percentage of their revenue to the cause than many of the large cancer organizations.

No comments: