Wednesday, August 13, 2014

2 Weeks Cancer Free

Went into work today for an hour. (I teach 11th grade U.S. History and 12th grade Economics. Students start school tomorrow.)  I was overwhelmed by everyone’s hugs, encouragement, and support.  It’s great to be working at a place where I’m actually looking forward to getting back. (No idea when that will be, 4-8 weeks???)
After an hour at work, coffee with Jon, and a stop at the grocery store, I had to go home to crash.  
After a good nap I got in a 1½ mile walk. 
When simple activities get me so worn out I get discouraged, but I read something on a post of an online support group:
“Don’t look at your day to day progress; look at your week to week progress.”

When I look back to last week; what an improvement!

2 comments:

Matt P said...

Great progress Bill !

Ramie said...

It was great to see you. You look amazing. Take care and keep healing. :) Ramie