Sunday, August 10, 2014

First Mile...

I keep improving each day.

Friday, August 8:
After getting the great news from the Dr. on Thursday I was a little disappointed about the incontinence issue.  I guess I was hoping to be one of those who gets the catheter out and has no problems.  I took Annabelle , the 5 month old puppy for a little training walk around the block. By the end of the day I was just wiped out. It hit me about 7:00PM.

Saturday, August 9:
Felt good in the morning.  Took Rocket for a walk with my neighbor, Greg.  Probably close to 3/4 mile.  Friends of ours paid for a deep cleaning of the house.  What a great thing to do for someone who is recovering. Andrea and I hung out on the front porch and then in the gym while our house was being cleaned. Drove for the first time since surgery. Went to the bank and store. With all the activity I thought I was going to be pretty tired in the evening but we actually stayed up and watched the last two episodes of The Killing on Netflix.

Sunday, August 10:
Wow! Feel really good this morning.  Took Rocket out for a 1 mile (30 minutes) walk.  After that went to the Farmers Market with Andrea and good friend Annette.  Ok… I was pretty tired after that and Andrea made me take a nap.
(I'll edit the rest of the day this evening or tomorrow)

1 comment:

Ramie said...

Bill-You are amazing! Great job getting outside for some fresh air and vitamin D. We missed you at our first pre-service day. Keep healing and staying positive. :) Ramie