Friday, August 29, 2014

Cancer Fighting Turmeric Salad Dressing

I've done a lot of research about the benefits of different foods in fighting cancer.  One of the items that keeps coming up is Turmeric, I've known about it for a few years and regularly sprinkle some on my salads and even on the dog's food.  I've also used fresh Turmeric root (It looks like Ginger root) when I make my juices.
I searched for a salad dressing with Turmeric and found a lot of them.  From all the different ones that I found I decided to include the ingredients that I thought would be good.  This is what I came up with.
Try it and let me know what you think


Cancer Fighting Turmeric Salad Dressing
5 T Olive oil
1 t Turmeric powder 
½ t Black pepper
½ t Himalayan Salt
5T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T Honey
½ Avocado

Add the Olive Oil, Turmeric, and Salt
Mix in the rest of the ingredients
Done.

Just Google: "Benefits of _______________" any of the ingredients and you will find a ton of information. 

Turmeric: 
Turmeric is the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory identified today.”
It helps stimulate apoptosis (Death of cells) in cancer cells and inhibit angiogenesis (Development of new blood vessels needed by cancer to grow)
To be assimilated by the body, turmeric must be mixed with black pepper.”
Ground black pepper increases the body’s absorption of turmeric by 2,000%.
Turmeric must be stabilized in oil to be absorbed by the body – preferably olive, canola or linseed oil.
 Most of the information on Turmeric comes from, Anti Cancer: A New Way of Life
Himalayan Salt:
Regular refined table salt is BAD for you; Himalayan salt is actually GOOD for you.

Apple Cider Vinegar 
There are many benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, from weight loss to cancer.
Video link on Apple Cider Vinegar
My wonderful wife sent me a link on Apple Cider Vinegar
8 Reasons Apple Cider Vinegar Is One Of The Most Powerful Health Tonics In Your Kitchen

No comments: