Thursday, August 7, 2014

It's Gone!

Great news today!
Went to the Dr. to get my pathology report and it showed all of the cancer was taken out, there were no positive margins.
In other words; there was no cancer from the prostate that was not contained in the capsule that he took out.

I started out as a stage T1 because they found it by doing a biopsy and otherwise wouldn’t have known it was there.








I went to a stage T2 when the second urologist felt something on the prostate that may or may not be contained in the prostate.









I went to a stage T3 after they took it out they discovered that it did extend past the prostate.
(See Diagrams)

That’s where the difference between a good surgeon and great surgeon comes in.
My Dr. said that he saw something that looked suspicious so he cut around it and took a little more tissue out.
Thank God he did.  Other surgeons may not have done so and I would be left with prostate cancer still in me.

It’s been a long week and I am physically and mentally exhausted.
Physically I’m still feeling better every day.
Dr. says no running for 6 weeks.
Not going to push it.
When I asked about returning to work he looked at me and said not to even worry about it.  It’s not worth going back to work a week too soon and cause irreversible damage for the rest of my life.

In the words of Martin Luther King Jr:
FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST; THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE (of cancer) AT LAST!


I’ll post again soon but I just wanted to get the basic info out. 

1 comment:

Matt P said...

Such great news Bill! Thanks for sharing.