Saturday, September 13, 2014

UPDATE TO EMAIL TO LOCAL NEWS STATION

After my email to the local news station KCRA regarding the article posted; Cancer Test Men Don't Need they responded with the following:

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning the piece of content titled "Cancer test that men don't need" what was on the KCRA 3 mobile app this morning.

The piece of content was written and put together by our national news partner, which is based in Minneapolis, Minn.  Unfortunately, the content was not properly reviewed by our local staff before appearing on our mobile platforms.  I take full responsibility for that.

After reviewing the slideshow this morning, I agreed that it was not up to KCRA's standards and immediately removed it from our mobile platforms.

I appreciate your note… and the concern you had that this piece of content made it on one of the KCRA's platforms.  Because of your note, we will review our practices when it comes to screening content from our national news team before it is published locally.

They have renewed my confidence and regained my respect as one of the top local news providers in the Northern California area.

No comments: