Sunday, July 26, 2015

Redemption or Vengeance?

Finished the San Francisco Marathon today.
I signed up last year but only ran the first half because it was just 3 days before my surgery.  I was thrilled to run the first half but I was angry that cancer stopped me from running the whole race.

This year; redemption, or was it vengeance on that sonofabitch cancer that tried to steal my joy.

I know this is out of context but in Isaiah 63:4 God says, "It was for Me the day of vengeance: the year for Me to redeem had come."

I may have had to wait a year to complete this race but… they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary.

It's been a tough year but a good year.
A year of healing.
A year of redemption.

Thank you Lord!


No comments: