Monday, January 4, 2016

Bicep Surgery

I saw the Dr. today.  He spent about an hour with me explaining what the bicep does, how I tore it, that I didn't have to do surgery, what the complications of surgery could be, what the rehabilitation process would look like with or without surgery...

If I didn't do the surgery I'd most likely be ready to get on with training for my August Ironman in about 8 weeks.  If I do the surgery it will be 3-4 months until I can really get on with serious training.

It really wasn't much of a decision for me.  I want to have 100% use of my arm again so surgery it is.  There are risks with any surgery and a potential for some nerve damage.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and cancel the Ironman again.  The Dr. said not to rule it out but assess my progress at 4 weeks and 8 weeks to see where I am.

I'm sure I'll do some one handed (left hand) updates while I'm recovering.





No comments: