Sunday, May 4, 2014

Prayer and a Ride

After church today there was a large group who wanted to pray for me.
(Thanks for getting the group together Bob!)
What a blessing.  How wonderful to know that so many people truly care and want to be a part of my journey.
I know it's all in God's hands.
I know that God will get me through this.
I go back to what I stood on years ago when in the midst of my depression, Psalms 23.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restore my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
EVEN THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH I WILL FEAR NO EVIL, FOR YOU ARE WITH ME.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life.
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

What an amazing thing that our church just happens to be going through a series of 50 days of HOPE.

Someone in the group suggested that I do a blog along the way; so here it is…

After church, a good ride and a chat with one of my best friends of… wow, 30 years plus??? Doug.  He is always there whenever I need him.  He knows how to give me space, and how to just hang and say nothing if that's what I need.  I'm sure there's going to be quite a few times when I'm going to need him throughout this.  Thanks Doug!

No comments: